Cambodia

My emails be poppin 10/2/16

I'm having way too much fun here. I don't even have time to think about whats happening and write a good email anymore. Life is too good and fun. 

This week was party week. There was a khmae holiday and everyone was drunk and partying all week. So we joined in. Well, not the drinking part. 

I repayed my drunk friend for his shirt last week: https://www.dropbox.com/s/jd8fxlm1v63osv5/DSC00134.JPG?dl=0

I went swimming with Slavens: https://www.dropbox.com/s/i4fm2n2f071l3ku/DSCF0742.JPG?dl=0





We made shirts for our next door neighbor: https://www.dropbox.com/s/puhgzyuka7d8n01/DSC00132.JPG?dl=0
It says "If mom knew, she would hit you"


We watched a chinese movie with incorrect english subtitles at church: https://www.dropbox.com/s/0pk7hngee098fgy/IMG_2196.JPG?dl=0



Spiritual thought: Through repentance we can be forgiven for our sins. We can be relieved from our feelings of guilt and shame.

Shout out to Elder Hall for a cool story in his email:

A spiritual experience: I was teaching someone about repentance, and I felt like I should share about an experience that I had. This experience was easily relatable for a Khmae. I added in some minor details for relating it to repentance.
When I was in high school, I wanted a moto (if you still don't know what a moto is, it's what we would call a scooter, motorcycle, or moped all squished into one word), so I asked my mom for a moto. She said, "No," the first time. Then I kept asking her and eventually she agreed. Then when we went to buy the moto, my mom wanted to put it in the back of the truck, but I begged her to ride it home. She reluctantly agreed. Then on the way home I wiped out. Since my mom was in front of me, she didn't see. I could have run away, so that she wouldn't get mad, or I could continue to go home and accept what I had done whatever the consequences. So I went home and when I told my mom I wiped out, she wasn't mad at me for breaking off the mirror and scraping up the side of the brand new moto, but she was merciful and helped me clean up the blood off my clothes. I related this to repentance. When we fail to do what Jesus has directed us, some people run away forever, fearing repentance. However, if they would just repent, they would see that repentance is a very healing experience. Jesus Christ is full of compassion towards all of us. (This story probably didn't have too huge of an effect on whoever I was teaching, but it was cool to 1) see that yes, when I repent it's only for the benefit of me; God does not see it fit to brutally punish us for every small mistake; He is willing to work with us and knows our mistakes; and 2) see, as I always have, that my mother is a very Christlike person. Shout out, Mama.
Love,
Elder Osborne