Cambodia

I am a real missionary now 7/15/16

They say you're not a real missionary until you have really soiled your underpants.





Anyways, other than getting food poisoning this week was pretty eventful in the office. Everyone in the mission is now taking turns going to the Giant Bike shop to get their new fancy bikes. So people are in and out of the office all the time and we have to drop them off at the bus and stuff. Super fun.

I made some cool spreadsheets and graphs and charts. That probably sounds like the stupidest thing ever but I think its cool. 

On Tuesday we had a cool dinner appointment/lesson with Liuyun. 3 interns in our branch offered to take us out to dinner at Sunrise Tacos. And they also called LiuYun and invited her too! So we ate some super good Mexican food and shared about reading the scriptures and it was awesome. Its super cool to teach with a bunch of returned missionaries helping out. LiuYun said that she would read and then share what she learned next time we meet. We're excited!

We taught Aiden on Thursday. I love Aiden, he is super funny and happy. We tried to teach him a good lesson about the atonement. It went alright, but he hasn't read the scriptures. So he's not getting it as easily as we hoped. I keep remembering something that Ming Dary (my recent convert in Battambang) said one time. She said "at the beginning I had a lot of questions and I didn't really understand. But then I started reading this book (holding up the BoM) and now it all makes sense. Everything is so clear." 

I know thats true. I have felt the clarity that comes from reading the Book of Mormon. I just know that if Aiden would read the Book of Mormon his life would be so good and he would progress so fast.

My mom taught me something last week that I thought about a lot. We were talking about my mission president and how sometimes we don't agree with every decision that our priesthood leaders make (like changing our curfew). My mom said that we don't necessarily put our trust in the people leading us but we put our trust in the calling that the Lord has given them. With that calling they are entitled to the Lord's inspiration and that is something we can definitely trust. 

RAPID FIRE RANDOM OFFICE PICS

Thanks everybody.
Love you.
Love,
Elder Osborne