Cambodia

Ichiro 8/28/16

20 new missionaries came to our mission this week. So I wrote an inspirational message on 20 sticky notes and attached them to random baseball cards that my mom sent me and then I gave them to all the new people. And then I decided that all of the other missionaries would get jealous so I wrote 60 un-inspirational messages and put them on baseball cards for all the other missionaries. It was fun.

Last week I didn't get to upload many pics. I have a ton.

I'll just post some highlights.




Navy, Goldie, Juniper, and Inka!!!!



I got a new comp this week! His name is Elder Hale. He is straight from the MTC and ready to go. He's 6'1 ish, 160lbs, from Mesa, Arizona, likes to sing, play basketball, and ride his bike fast. We are going to do some good work together. We all went to pick the new missionaries up at the airport and then started street contacting. I pointed to a guy sitting down on a curb and told Elder Hale to go talk to him. No questions asked, he did it and invited him to learn about the gospel. Pretty cool, pretty #yolo.



We have a couple of good investigators. They are both wives of returning members. Both guys were inactive for multiple years. One 7, one 10 years. And they have both recently returned back to activity and now brought their families with them. Its a super cool situation. And I am just lucky to be here at the right time. Both of their wives see the huge difference that the gospel is making in their husbands' lives and they want to join too. The gospel changes lives.

I love being a missionary here. Its the coolest. I love the people of Cambodia. They are the coolest. 

E. Somephikhay and I had a cool idea. We started making lunch in the mornings and then taking our food to a members house and eating with them. We borrow their plates and stuff and we all share food together. They love it and it gives us an opportunity to talk and get close with members. In the last couple weeks I have really been able to talk with some members like I never have before and I am thankful for all of them. And I'm thankful for the gift of tongues.

The church is true.
love,
elder osborne