Cambodia

Ghost Ride the Whip! 4/23/16

My mission is now accomplished. I can die happy. Because....
I got a legit fixed gear. And I've been tearing up the streets of Phnom Penh. I have literally dreamed about riding a fixed gear in rush hour traffic multiple times since I've been on my mission. And now its real. 

This week has been good. Nothing too crazy. Except for one thing. We have 2 awesome Nigerian investigators that we taught twice this week. They are pretty smart and one of them knows the Bible like the back of his hand. They are named Paschal and Tony. In one lesson Paschal started talking about knowledge and stuff and then he dropped an interesting line. He said "I want to join your cult so that I can gain more knowledge. Then one day I can make it to the highest cult, Illuminati." Yeah. Elder Lambert and I kinda just looked at each other for a second.

I went to church in my new ward for the first time last Sunday. It was so weird. I didn't have to correct any doctrine. I didn't have to wince and bite my cheek because somebody recited a prayer at the pulpit. Somebody actually gave a super good talk in sacrament. Our Elders quorum lesson got everyone involved including Tony and Paschal. It was weird because it was so not weird. I am going to learn how to be a normal member now. I no longer have to worry all the time about members going inactive because of random things. Its actually pretty nice. I forgot what a real ward is like. Now I can focus on doing my missionary part and then trust the rest of the branch to stay running smooth. 

Srey roat is a RM from Cambodia, Charles is a Frenchman. He is also an RM. He works making pastries. He made us burritos for dinner. 

Elder Maurer came back to the mission after a short hiatus.

I love my mission. Its super weird and fun and I learn a lot all the time.

Love,
Elder Osborne