Cambodia

Mom knows mom hits 9/11/16

Our investigator Konty had been in an argument with her husband for a couple of days so we were getting worried. We didn't want her to change her mind because we wanted her to get interviewed for baptism on Sunday. So we went over on Thursday and taught them about forgiveness and how eternal families take a lot of work. It was pretty yolo. Then we went over the next day to say hi and they were totally fine again and had forgiven her. So we had her interviewed yesterday and the anti climactic ending to the story is that they actually aren't married. So we'll have to work with them to get their paper work before she can get baptized. Lol..

Elder Hale and I are getting pretty good at drafting off tuk tuks and each other. Our area is basically just one long main road so we ride our bikes a lot. On Saturday we did 34 miles. 3 of those miles were spent going 25mph drafting off a tuk tuk. Scary.

Yesterday our elders quorum had a potluck breakfast at a members house that was about 8 miles away. So in the morning we got out of bed and made a ton of (delicious) french toast. Our kitchen is hot so we sweat a lot. And then we biked super hard out to the house and my light grey pants were soaked in sweat by the time we got there. Then we sat around and made jokes and ate rice for a bit. But we had to come home early to cook more food for our other potluck with the missionaries and senior couple. And we sweat our guts out some more. Then we put all the food and a whole rice cooker on my bike and rode to the church. After we got there and cooled off for a second I reflected on what we had done that morning. All of the sweat and the biking and the scrambling to cook food. And I realized that nobody could have ever payed me enough to do what I did. It was hard and sweaty and uncomfortable. Nobody could pay me enough to do what I have done for the last 20 months. Money couldn't motivate me. The only thing that could convince me to stay out here and do missionary work is LOVE. Love for God and love for the Cambodian people. I know that God has blessed me with this love to help me keep going and keep serving these people with all my time and energy. And after I reflected about all of that I realized that I was as happy as I had ever been. I love this mission and this opportunity to serve. I know that this church is true. I know that through my service in the church my life has been changed and I have gained a portion of God's love for these people. 

Just serve.
Love,
Elder Osborne

(video) Workin the Well w/ Elder Hale: https://youtu.be/4L42d53Adzo






(video) Chopin dat wood: https://youtu.be/YeXDX8GeuRY